Sunday, September 22, 2013

Orange, Pink, and Blue who knew?

Three years ago this week, I was juggling working full time and helping a very sweet and wonderful co-worker with her wedding flowers.  

When Dianna asked about flower color choices for her bridesmaids dresses, I am sure I talked her ear off with all kinds of ideas, creating those bouquets in my head before she could get the next word out!  

Dianna was lucky to have a bunch of sisters to be with her on her special day, and these girls are a fun, bright and lively bunch. No pastel colors for them. No sir, they selected cobalt blue, in a soft shimmery fabric that looked comfortable. That's my motto, comfort first ;) 

Before I could share what I was thinking about flower color choices, Dianna timidly asked if bright orange and hot pink would be o.k. with the dresses.  I'll be honest, at first I was taken back because I was going down the yellow path, but her idea was great!  Bright, bright, bright to go with those fun sisters/bridesmaids.  Dianna's bouquet colors were born!

We used bright orange and hot pink gerbera daises, orange and lip stick pink roses, ruscus and variegated pittosporum.


These bouquets were probably one of the most fun to create. The roses opened nicely, the gerberas were just beautiful, and the colors were just popping and looking happy for such a happy day!

Dianna decided she wanted to carry all Lip Stick hot pink roses for her bouquet. I loved all that bright Lip Stick pink together. If you are ever looking for a bright pink rose, Lip Stick pink roses are your best bet.



         Now, these are some pretty maids all in a row. 

I am so honored Dianna and Dennis trusted me to make their wedding flowers.  Thank you for your confidence!  Happy 3rd Anniversary!

I am linking to Between Naps on the Porch's Metamorphosis Monday and Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
and Jennifer Rizzo's Fabulously Creative Friday and The Dedicated House

Mary

23 comments:

  1. When you think pink and orange together you don't always envision the beauty that combination can bring. Your choice of gerbera's and roses was spot on, as those flowers offer the truest of these colors! Dianna's wedding flowers were gorgeous and the bouquets fashioned by you were perfect with the bright blue dresses. I am enjoying your blog and the pretty pictures...keep them coming. Vikki in VA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Vikki. I sent you an email through the reply window. I hope you got it!

      XO
      Mary

      Delete
    2. Beautiful Mary! Palmer

      Delete
  2. Those cobalt blue dresses made a beautiful backdrop for those orange and pink flowers. It works because they're both bold and bright.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous combination! Beautiful pictures.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! Love the colors and they showed off beautifully against the cobalt blue dresses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Liz, I popped over to your blog and took a look around, wow just beautiful! I left you a comment. Glad you visited today.

      Delete
  5. The bouquets were so beautiful against the blue dresses. You did a lovely job on them. My daughter was in a wedding where she wore a very bold aqua dress and her flowers were the same colors that you put together. To be honest when she told me the colors of the flowers I didn't think they were going to look good. As an old timer I thought that you needed a touch of the dress color to make the bouquet look fabulous and pop. I must say...this was the most beautiful wedding because of the flowers. Who knew...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much for commenting! I am sure your daughter was the prettiest bridesmaid of all! The wedding colors you described sound gorgeous.

      Delete
  6. Just love all of these flowers! I am also going to get married and will have a grand party but having hard time in finding prettiest wedding venues in Los Angeles. We want a chic rustic themed ceremony. If you have any recommendations, please share.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcomed!