Thursday, September 26, 2013

Fall or Christmas? You pick.

Fall might be in the air, but it is Christmas at Mary's Flower Works.

I received my first delivery of Christmas items for making wreaths and arrangements.


Thank you to my sister for helping me go through the various wholesalers on line. :)   I was overwhelmed comparing prices so that I could get the best deal in order to offer you the best deal when you place your order for a Christmas wreath.


How exciting to be able to go through all the ordered items after looking them on line.  It is a relief to know that they are good quality!



Fun picks that will look great with a green silk wreath as well as the popular mesh wreaths. 

You can never have too many bolts of ribbon!





Red and white check ribbon always looks great on a wreath.


Stripes and plaids are always a favorite.


Pine cones are beautiful in a wreath.  A money saving tip, collect your own and be sure to bake them in the oven for 45 minutes at 200 degrees.  You don't want any little critters coming out in your wreath.  After baking the pine cones I always spray them with Zinsser 12 oz. Clear Shellac Spray found at Home Depot 

While I wait for the rest of my orders to arrive, I will continue to work on my nieces' weddings, plan designs for the wreaths, and I will enjoy the fall weather we are having by finishing my fall decorating.

Have you decorated for fall?  Or are you thinking of Christmas? ;)

Mary




2 comments:

  1. Ever two or twenty steps behind, I finally took the forsythia out of my door hanger-bucket THIS WEEK and put in some fall silks. I can't even think about Christmas. But your colorful ribbon and berries certainly inspire those thoughts! Looking forward to seeing some wreaths and fireplace decorations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! I'm excited to get started and a little scared at the same time! =)

      Delete

Comments are always welcomed!