Monday, September 16, 2013

How to NOT follow an inspiration picture

Ha! The inspiration bouquet doesn't resemble the bouquet or I should say bouquets  that were made Saturday for Zoe's bridal portrait shoot AT ALL.  To catch up on the story of this metamorphosis of flowers go here.

I knew the flowers would be off from the look of the inspiration picture because there were no black centered anemones and no wax flower.  It isn't easy to achieve the same shape as the inspiration picture when said flowers were no where to be found.  AND the dark purple flowers that Zoe loves weren't available either.  I kept telling myself, this is practice, this is to see what will work and won't work.

As I started putting the hand tied bouquet together, I got a little panicked.  I KNEW the color was off and I certainly didn't want my niece to feel she had to use the bouquet for her portrait.   I needed a poster that read KEEP CALM AND MAKE A BOUQUET!




Progress of the hand tied bouquet, that I will refer to as bouquet one. I am using more of a fuchsia colored carnation, white sweetheart roses, white fuji mums, fuchsia alstroemeria lilies, purple asters, limonium and a little bling.  I was digging that limonium and those fuji mums, but that fuchsia color was freakin' me out!  Zoe WANTS purple-not fuchsia!    So I called and had her to come over and look at the bouquet.




While I waited for her to arrive, I had a brain storm-why not make TWO bouquets?  I have all these buckets of flowers...duh I could have had a V8!  I got busy making bouquet two that was totally different. 







This is bouquet one in the progress of adding Lemon leaf and Ruscus.


When Zoe arrived I showed her bouquet one.  She was very sweet about it, no Bridezilla here! She was calm, just like the Keep Calm posters.  She knew the color was off and asked about being able to get a truer purple for the wedding and the answer is yes.  

Here are the details of the wrapping for bouquet one.






While she and her mom waited I finished making bouquet two.  






Details of the wrapping for bouquet two.




Bouquet two consists of white fuji mums, white sweetheart roses, limonium, purple asters, dusty miller, ruscus and purple bling.  Zoe's face lit up.  This was the one that she seemed the most excited about.  


For the photo shoot at the city park we took both bouquets with us, just in case.

Surprisingly, bouquet one LOOKED purple outside. Go figure... 






Of the two which one do you think Zoe liked the best for the photo shoot?  =)  I know you know.

What was in your bouquet or in your dream bouquet?

I am linking to Between Naps on the Porch  for Metamorphosis Monday and Stone Gable's Tutorials, Tips and Tidbits


Mary

2 comments:

  1. My bouquet (1973) was white fuji mums, white roses, and baby's breath. If I were getting married today, I would want roses and peonies with some woodsy stuff like pods and thistle and berries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love bouquet #2. Was that Zoe's choice? When I was married, 46 years ago today, ironically enough, I had a bouquet of white roses and baby's breath. It was beautiful but I would choose a combination of flowers today in pale shades. My bouquet had a simple wrapping of satin ribbon. Your wrappings are stunning. You work magic with flowers Mary! Vikki in VA.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcomed!